Magical Maldives: Kandima Resort Review
Magical Maldives: Kandima Resort Review
The Magic of the Maldives...
The largest resort in the Dhaalu Atoll, Kandima Maldives boasts a 4km beach (the longest in the country), and its very own airline, Manta Airlines, to ensure you arrive in comfort.
Kandima is not just a hotel, but also an entire island unto itself – one of the 1,190 that make up the Maldives. The resort boasts 264 state-of-the- art luxury studios and villas and plays host to a stunning array of bars, restaurants and activities.
It’s a Scandi-cool minimal look, complemented with vibrant wall art that ‘pops’ the clean fresh lines of the suites. Accommodation options are vast and very spacious.
These range from beachfront villas, sky and beach studios and super stylish overwater Aqua Villas. Many have Jacuzzi’s, private pools and beaches or both. The options are endless and luxurious details and state-of-the-art technology come as standard in all rooms.
THE HONEYMOON AQUA POOL VILLA OFFERS UNINTERRUPTED VIEWS OF FIFTY SHADES OF BLUE, EXPANSIVE LIVING SPACE AND ITS OWN INFINITY POOL.
At Kandima, it’s all about the play and delivering this in the coolest form possible. DJ’s deliver dirty Maldivian beats, live singers are belting out the best renditions and cocktails are flowing, and that’s just the evening entertainment.
Guests can expect one seriously stylish island party. Daytime delivers aqua adventures like no other. Their resident Aquaholics invite you to dive in and immerse yourself in their watersport and island activities calendar, from Scuba, snorkeling, dolphin and turtle cruises, to deep sea fishing and hammer head shark expeditions, there’s something for everyone.
For the gym bunnies, there’s Yoga, TRX classes and Kool bike rentals. For kids, there is Kids Club and Kandiland, colourful facilities designed to occupy the kids for days, boasting outdoor pirate ships and indoor and outdoor play areas.
MY TOP FIVE KANDIMA EXPERIENCES:
1. Maldivian Ocean Dream Massage at esKape Spa: This treatment is the ultimate in relaxation and one of many on offer at this beautiful retreat, situated close enough to the shore that you can actually hear the waves lapping...
2. Chef’s Recommended Dim Sum Lunch at Sea Dragon: Inspired by ancient architectural designs of the Far East, Sea Dragon restaurant offers authentic Asian cuisine with a modern touch. From freshly caught fish from the waters of Dhaalu Atoll to juicy lobsters and crabs up for grabs from their display tank. My favourite? The Dim Sum lunch, incredible sea view and stupendously good dumplings...
3. Snorkelling: The super friendly Kandima Aquaholics team took us just outside the turquoise waters of the lagoon to indulge in a peek at the incredible marine life and coral. It’s just one of a plethora of brilliant water sports and activities available at this vibrant resort.
4. Art class at Kula Art Studio: Situated next to a fresh water lake boasting the most inspirational of views, we took advantage of escaping the afternoon heat with an art class from one of the resort’s resident artists.
5. Floating Breakfast: Whilst residing in our Sunrise Beach Pool Villa, complete with outdoor pool and private beach, we were lucky enough to try the ‘Floating Breakfast’ delivered to our door – two delightful trays of breakfast heaven and without doubt a fabulous romantic touch for newlyweds.
Kandima boasts 10 restaurants and bars, a thoughtful presentation curated to tick every palate box and more. These include Smoked - boasting incredible sunset views and grilled-to-perfection steak and fish dishes; Azure – the newest addition to the resort specialising in health-inspired Mediterranean dishes that taste amazing and are alcohol, lactose and pork free.
Another notable entry is Aroma Café; a baristas paradise nestled beside a freshwater lake boasting magnificent views as well as heavenly desserts and coffees and the epic Sea Dragon, delivering superb Asian dishes.
FOR THE BUDDING MIXOLOGISTS, MIX AND MINGLE WHILE ENJOYING THE LIVE BANDS AND THE LATEST DJS AS YOU DRINK TROPICAL COCKTAILS AND SMOKE FLAVOURED SHISHAS AT BREEZE BAR, COMPLETE WITH POOL AND LUXURY SUNBEDS.
FORBIDDEN BAR IS ADULTS ONLY AND ACCESSIBLE VIA A PSYCHEDELIC TUNNEL, BOASTING A SEA VIEW AND IMPRESSIVE SELECTION OF DRINKS.
This incredibly diverse resort has the most incredible range of wedding proposal adventures as well as out-of-the-box beautiful celebration options. It’s a wedding and honeymoon paradise.
Based on the values of the umbrella brand Pulse Hotels & Resorts - smart, playful, rooted, responsible, human - Kandima Maldives is a place with soul, deeply rooted and respectful of their guests, colleagues, community, culture and surroundings. It's is all about genuine hospitality with a human touch and smart solutions that make use of the latest innovations – not to mention a playful spirit!
KANDIMA MALDIVES IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A HOLIDAY; IT'S AN AFFORDABLE LIFESTYLE AND PACKS A REALLY FUN PUNCH AS WELL AS BEING A RELAXING HAVEN OF TRANQUILITY.
Prices from Newcastle to Male start at approx £800 economy with Emirates. Domestic transfer from Male to Kandima by seaplane is 30-mins and an extra $350, followed by a 20-min speedboat transfer to the resort. Sunrise Beach Pool Villas start from approx $204 dollars per night.
Kaneeru Villa, Orchid Magu Malé, 20212, Maldives