1) Get someone you trust on “mobile duty” – You’ll be inundated with texts and calls on your big day (trust us, you will), and none of it will need your immediate attention. Let someone else handle your phone and they can tell you if something happens that you need to know about.
2) Arrange for your wedding party to get to know each other before the big day – This way everyone has already met before, so you can relax and stop worrying about people feeling left out or any awkwardness.
3) Don’t schedule your wedding photos at midday – The sun is at it’s highest point and will create incredibly unflattering shadows. Take your pictures in the morning or at twilight.
4) Speaking of photos, plan them! – Make sure your photographer knows exactly who you want in your pictures and the type of pictures you want. Also make sure the people you want in the pictures know when they’re needed!
5) Wait a day before you leave for your honeymoon – You don’t want to have to wake up at the crack of dawn, still a little merry, to catch a long-haul flight to a very hot country.
6) Try not to drink too much before your first dance – Surely you want it to be elegant, and memorable for the right reasons?
7) You’ll need three pairs of shoes on the big day – A pair of slippers while you’re getting ready, a pair of heels for the ceremony and a pair of comfortable flats for all the dancing afterwards.
8) Speaking of, don’t forget to break your shoes in before the big day. Blisters are never a good look and should be avoided whenever possible.
9) The easiest way to go to the toilet in a wedding dress is to sit backwards – wedding dresses carry most of their bulk at the back, so it makes sense to give the back more room by facing the wrong way on the toilet!
10) Write your thank-you notes as you open gifts – This way you wont forget anybody, or which gift was from which aunt, and it’ll save you the hassle of freeing up a whole day to do it later.
And remember, there’s no need to be so nervous. This is just a wonderful party to celebrate your love, and everybody invited loves you and your partner and wants you both to be happy. At the end of it all you get to go home with The One and eat lots of cake. How perfect?