We bet you are full to the brim with excitement for your forthcoming spring wedding (never too early to start planning for next spring as well!) but every bride needs a little advice on achieving that flawless finish for the big day. We spoke to expert make-up artist Jo Leversuch of Make-up by Jo for her hints and tips for blushing springtime brides.
Jo says: “Spring is upon us! Fabulous flowers, soft hues of pink, turquoise, greens and taupes and a dose of sunshine on your wedding day (fingers crossed!)”
“Make-up for a spring wedding needs to be lighter for a flawless, dewy and fresh appearance…
- Prep the skin with a primer before applying make-up to give you a head start.
- Eye colours can vary from subtle grey, silver hues, pinks, lilacs and then add lashings of waterproof mascara.
- For lips try some girly pinks to give you that rose bud effect on the lips, or go a shade slightly darker for a bit more drama to the wedding day.
- On cheeks use a soft candy pink to give you that springtime glow and apply around the apple part of the cheeks to give you a softer finish.
- Finally, finish with a subtle hint of bronzer and a light dusting of finishing powder.”
Images courtesy of Ruth Mitchell, www.weddingsalive.co.uk
Make-up by Jo must haves:
Ariane Poole Rexturizing Primer and Mineral Tint Foundation
Bobby Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick
Nars cream and powder blushers
By Terry Nail Glow Brightner Nail Varnish