In the midst of a global pandemic, there’s no disputing the fact that the wedding industry has suffered more than most.
With many celebrations being cancelled, postponed or considerably altered to align with government guidelines, it’s not just the couples who have faced tough times – wedding suppliers have had to battle to keep their businesses afloat, with a lack of content and capital making for a demoralising 2020.
That’s why many suppliers have decided to take part in styled shoots to provide some much-needed fresh content and get them back to doing what they love.
That was the case for our glorious Guest List photographer Laura Beasley, who recently arranged this sumptuous autumnal styled shoot at the Barn on the Bay, the coastal climb also on our illustrious Guest List.
Back to Business
“I decided I would love to do an autumnal styled shoot, because I just love everything about autumn and how beautiful everything looks at this time of year.
Alison from Barn on the Bay contacted me to say we could use the venue, which was fantastic as it is a blank canvas venue that you can dress up to suit any theme.
Straight away I contacted Jane from Birdcages and Dragonflies as she has a brilliant eye for venue styling, and I knew she would be able to create something really stunning.
She also communicates with the other suppliers to ensure everyone has the same vision for the finished product.
I loved how the barn looked on the day. Even the models just had the perfect look for this theme, which was a bit of an alternative autumnal look that broke away slightly from the traditional autumn colours by introducing subtle shades of purple and red along with antique gold.
A venue like this shows just how unique your wedding can be.
For this shoot we had fire pits to really make everything feel cosy and autumnal, as well as a S’mores bar by Marsh Loves Mallow which would be sure to wow your guests!
The tables were decorated with munchkin pumpkins, and seasonal fruit to really bring the autumn theme to life.
You can also get a feel for how the barn can be set up for ceremonies and receptions.
There is also lots of beautiful outdoor space that you can make use of, weather permitting, including the stunning Creswell Beach which is just a two minute walk from the barn. This venue really does have everything!”
To find out more about Laura and Barn on the Bay, visit their exclusive spaces on our Guest List.
CREATIVES AND CREDITS
● Venue: Barn on the Bay www.barnonthebay.com
● Photographers: Laura Beasley Photography www.laurabeasley.photography, Stacey J Evans Photography https://www.staceyjevansphotography.co.uk/
● Stylist – Birdcages and Dragonflies www.birdcagesanddragonflies.com
● Stationery – Unique Designs www.instagram.com/uniquedesigns_mc
● Celebrant – Charlotte Pennefather www.cpcelebrant.co.uk
● Hair – Very You Hair www.veryyouhair.co.uk
● Makeup – Melanie Hedley www.melaniehedley.co.uk
● Flowers – Wild With Love Flowers www.wildwithlove.co.uk
● Dress – The White Room www.thewhiteroombrides.co.uk
● Suit – Smart As www.smartassuithire.co.uk
● Models – Harley & Dave @alternativelywed
● Cake – The Cake Garden https://www.thecakegarden.co.uk/
● Catering – Marsh loves Mallow https://www.marshlovesmallow.co.uk/
● Videographer – Amelia Jane Photo https://ameliajanephotography.com/
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”340″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]